July 28, 2011

Cyber Douchebags.

We all have Facebooks, and Twitters, and god forbid Formsprings.
And we have all abused the privilege, Even I have. But do we really think about how it's hurting the other person? In a way, we do. Why else would we be doing it? To boost their confidence? No. We do it to hurt, we just don't realize at the time how MUCH we are hurting someone. And for most of us, that wasn't our intention. I mean it was, just not that much. You wouldn't believe the amount of teenagers that commit suicide over being called "fat" or "ugly" or a "whore". We don't think of that as a big deal because it's not happening to us. But what about the people that it IS happening to? It's hurting them. They are going to sit up at night and cry and wonder why they were chosen to be picked on. To be made fun of and ridiculed.
Do any of you know how hard it is to walk into school and pretend it doesn't bother you?

Because I do. I'm sure everyone that reads this will remember the picture that went around about me on Formspring. My conversation with an unsaid person.
Do any of you guys know how that made me feel? To have to sit there and watch everyone respond to that? I could've died right then and there. And going to school. I had 2nd lunch. Walking in there and thinking that every time you see someone whisper you think they're talking about you. And when someone laughs it's because they are laughing at you. That was my mind set. That's what I thought everyday for awhile. You're so embarrassed. When I would log into my Formspring I would get sick to my stomach, literally. The hatemail would literally make me sick. It's not what the conversation said, it's that it was put out their for everyone to see to hurt me. Congratulations, it worked. Some people could have cared less but then again some people would use that to every advantage. That was going to be something that any one and everyone would use against me. I remember crying to my mom, wanting to move schools and just start over and leave everything behind. I wanted to run away from what was done to me. I hated Hanahan and I hated everyone in it. I hated my friends. Then I was called a 'pussy' for having my mom as my best friend, for going to her. She didn't understand what I was going through at all, but she was there for me on a level that no one can understand. "These people aren't going to matter after High School."
I started to write quotes on a sticky notes and I stuck them behind my door so I'd see them everyday. Every day I read them. I still read them. It got me through a lot, my friends got me through a lot. Going to Colorado and having a break from everything got me through a lot.

You don't know what you do to people when you post stuff on Facebook/Formspring/Twitter or whatever.
"Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me."
Whoever said that obviously had never been publicly humiliated. They were wrong.
Words do hurt.

1 comment:

  1. there's a song that says "sticks and stones may break my bones, your words they surely kill" its called "words" by "between the trees" look it up. i love between the trees....especially there song "a time for yohe" foreal it got me through a whole lot. maybe it will help you. im here if you need anything. after all i live a couple houses down.

    ReplyDelete